Moving Tips Right Questions
The best way to avoid a mistake when selecting an apartment is to ask questions. Some questions are for the apartment management, other questions are best answered by your prospective neighbors.
For the apartment management:
- What is the apartment complex policy concerning noise? How are they enforced?
- Is there a designated parking place with the apartment? Can extra parking places be obtained, and if so, what is the cost?
- Where are the electrical outlets and phone jacks located?
- What type of laundry facilities does the complex have?
- What, if any, utilities are included in the rent?
- What security features do you have? Smoke detectors?
For apartment tenants:
- Do you often hear noise from dogs, planes, trains, other tenants?
- How responsive is the apartment management to repairing things in the apartment or apartment complex? Do they maintain things like smoke detectors and lights to keep the complex safe?
- Are shared laundry facilities usually available or does the complex have an inadequate supply of washers and dryers?
- If the complex is gated, is the main entrance usually locked securely?